I Open my eyes. Feel the sweat with my hand.
I look around, its dark, I'd forgotten where I am.
I get up, try to move around a bit,
hands up in front of me to block things I'd might hit.
I say "Hello", "is anybody there?"
Not a sound, grumble, or hint of an other's presence in here.
I am Alone.
I try to scream, it hurts, nothing comes out.
I shiver as the thick layer of fear lurks about.
I panic! I run! Hit the wall. Its soft,
with a thick layer of cushion and cloth.
I am Alone.
I live it, BREATHE it. I calm myself down as I curl up in a ball.
I take a deep breath and realize the smell, its musty and damp, with the scent of
One person, and one only, ME.
I am ALONE.
By myself, all alone. In This Room.

i like the fact that you captialized the world that stood out to you the most, making the poem more effective.
ReplyDelete